Thursday, December 15, 2005

you have no right to speak spanish in this country

Gawd: http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/12/afa/142005c.asp

This would pass without notice as yet another example of Kansas (my birth state, btw) plumbing the depths of human stupidity, but the article itself is quite interesting to me.

The article was apparently written by agapepress.org, whose other recent headlines include "Keeping Christ in Christmas -- The Most Important Tradition" and "Wal-Mart Preparing to Offer Another Carrot to GLBT Community". So I expected at least a whiff of bias here. But, I'm impressed - the article seems to be written with a very restrained hand. I'm used to seeing evangelicals fall in line with all manner of right-wing crap, even stuff that has nothing to do with christian teachings. It's nice to see at least one counterexample.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home